Monday, February 1, 2010

Shopping Shock

Beautiful McCall, Idaho

As promised here is my McCall shopping story: Charles and I went on a walk around the lake on New Year's day and visited some cute little shops around McCall. I saw the cutest red coat (except and even cuter red than the one in this picture!!!) in one of the shops. I looked at the price and said to Charles, "It is only $55." He smiled. I smiled. And we walked out. When we got back to the condo I told Isabelle about the coat and she said, "You should get it! Let's go!" It was almost five so we rushed back to the store. It was so fun because I felt like the coat was already mine and I knew I would love it forever. When we got there it was just as cute as I remembered. I looked at the price tag again: $54.90.... wait... why is there another 0? $549.00? No! It can't be! I looked around at some other items to see how they were priced. I knew that the last 0 was meant to be there when some hats that were on a nearby table were $49.00. Well, I knew that I would feel silly, but I had to ask the lady at the cash register. Yep: $549.00. But, she informed me that it would last forever. Really? Do I look like a person that will be convinced by that? Anyway, I couldn't get over it. I am still not over it: thus, the blog post. It has been nice to comfort myself by wearing my red high heels and using my red kitchenaid.

Last picture of McCall

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I would totally do something like that! I feel your pain Emily!

    I can't believe how big little Henri is getting. So cute.

    Miss ya and can't wait to play this summer!

    ReplyDelete