Monday, November 5, 2012

Galveston

Sometime in the end of August or beginning of September??? we packed up for the day and headed to Galveston to check it out.  We didn't have any specific plans- we decided to just wing it.

On the way there Henri got hungry and wanted the bananas that were on my peanut butter toast.  I could peel the bananas off without any visible peanut butter on, so I handed them back.  He has been diagnosed as being allergic to peanuts so I haven't given him any since the spring.  Before then he had never reacted, which is why I decided to give him the bananas.  Well, a few minutes after he ate them he started itching.  We had the epipens and watched him really closely and the rash went away after awhile, so we kept heading down to Galveston.  But, now we know.
 We spent some time driving around looking at the cool architecture and the beach.  We decided to skip the beach and head to the airplane museum where Henri was very excited...
 and James was very cute...

 I love this picture of Henri's face in front of the airplane that was "just my size."
 Here is cute James again.
 Afterwards we headed over to Moody Gardens and went to the Tropical Rainforest Pyramid.  It was really cool because there were animals just roaming around.  
 Handsome boys checking out the monkey that was not very far away!
 Henri was so funny with these birds.  He was fascinated with them, but when they cawed it was really loud and every time it shocked Henri.
 His face here really shows how he felt!  

We had a fun time in Galveston.  Henri talked about the different animals that we saw for weeks and weeks.  It is fun that he is getting to an age that he really enjoys seeing different things and remembering all of the things that we talked about and that we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment