Conference was great! We shared our tradition of ableskeivers with our friends the Sivulas on Saturday and then with the Fieldings on Sunday.
Here is Henri playing in flour... he does this every chance that he gets!
After Conference we went for a walk at the Nature Preserve that is about a 15 minute walk from our house. The weather was nice and cool and it was so nice to get outside and take a walk through the woods and on a nice beach along the river.
Love these cute boys in their matching brown outfits.
The rope bridge.
And some pictures of my sweet sweet James. I love LOVE this little face!
We really enjoyed Conference. I was so excited about the new age limits for missionaries. I haven't really thought a lot about how that would have changed my life if they had been put into place five years ago except that it would be a "game changer" as Papa Lon would say. When it was announced I just started crying. I am not sure why- maybe because I just felt that missionary spirit! How amazing!
Another wonderful part of Conference was seeing the boys reactions. When Henri was little little he would play and whenever the choir sang he would stop and watch during the song. James did that a little bit this time, but maybe he is still a little too young to really notice. This time, especially during the first session, Henri was just quietly playing basically the whole time. Every so often he would look up and say, "He talked about the temple" or "He talked about Lehi" or "He is the Prophet," "She said Book of Mormon." It was definitely one of the moments that all of the work and monotony and frustration of being a mom is ALL worth it! I am so thankful for the Gospel and for my sweet boys who are really learning what we are trying to teach them!
No comments:
Post a Comment