Coincidentally I have been reading "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" which goes right along with the topic in hand. My mom gave me the book a few years ago. (The card on it said, "from Charles" in my mom's handwriting.) It seems that the last two years I have been explaining to Charles how women are extremely different than men, while not giving much thought to how men are extremely different than women. Well, I think the most interesting thing is that really, what Charles does want is for me to be happy. I have found that concentrating on that alone has made a big difference for me. The past few days when I have wanted to tell Charles something that I think he should be doing differently I have first let go of my frustration (really let go of it and not just burying it) and doing something different for awhile, then later, we can talk about it in a very non-confrontational way. It has been great! I do have to say I haven't read the whole thing, but I am enjoying it. It is refreshing to read something that is honest instead of trying to be politically correct- especially when it comes to feminism! Well, those are a few of my thoughts. I definitely recommend this book for every wife.
Cheddar Jalapeno French Peasant Bread
10 years ago
Good to hear! Maybe I'll need to find a copy. I also really really recommend the 5 Love Languages- though I usually don't read those kind of books- but that was a good one.
ReplyDeleteEm! haha isn't Jeff the sweetest! he was home the last few days doing everthing that I usually do, dealing with kids, running errands you know the mom stuff and i could tell he was getting so frustrated, so i asked are you ready to go back to work? and he was like heck yeah! so maybe talk to him again and he'll have a different responce!
ReplyDeleteHa! Jeff deserves a major wet willy for that one. Good for you for trying to let things go-I can never do it, it just festers.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the insites! I think there will come a day though that he appears to be more excited to see your 'baby' than he does you!
ReplyDeleteYou and Charles are great! By the way, for your birthday, I am going to get you a copy of the new best-seller "The Proper Care and Feeding of Little Sisters!"
ReplyDelete