Friday, June 15, 2012

Cute Conversations

Henri is really growing up lately and is saying some pretty fun things.
Me: "Did you have fun playing with Owen?"
H: "Yeah, and Abby, and mommy Owen."
Me: "Oh, yeah, I talked to Owen's mommy, huh."
H: "Yeah. Mommy, Owen." He thought for a few seconds... then in a satisfied voice: "Mommy, Henri."

This morning he also referred to "Mommy Spencer."

I have been trying to take time to talk about Henri's day with him just before he goes to bed and the other night here was some of our conversation:
Me: "I am so proud of you for getting ready to go home when I asked you to." (from a friends house.) "You did such a great job!"
H: "I made a good choice."

We were at a friend's house and Spencer gave Henri a backpack to wear.  When Henri put it on he looked so cute and so grownup!  Spencer then put on his Buzz Lightyear backpack and Henri went over to look at it and said, "That's Buzz Light!  That's Buzz Light!  That's pretty cool."

We were looking at a book today that has animals and is in French.  There were penguins, but they were called a different name (manchot, which is Emperor Penguin) than what Charles says, so when I said it Henri said, "No mom! In French its pingouin (pɛ̃ɡwɛ̃)!"
Gentian violet.  Google it.
 Two days ago marked the one year anniversary of his first day of work, so we opened some bubbly to celebrate.  Consequently, TODAY is our one year anniversary of being in our house!!!  Yay!
 Charles set this up while he was watching the Germany vs. Netherlands game a few days ago.
 Here is James' first bite of food.  He is already a better eater than Henri ever was!

Also, here is a ridiculously cute video of James, one day before he turned four months.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's already been a year! Congrats! And...that was a ridiculously fun post! Your boys are so adorable! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are both so adorable, Emily! I love that Henri speaks French--I only speak French to Ava, so I'm excited to see what kinds of things come out of her mouth once she starts talking. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh!!! thrush! did you have it in your ducts? so painful. for reals.

    add me to your private blog! lisa(dot)bellisario@gmail.com

    also, thanks for being my friend in sandy. i was just telling my husband about how it was a rough move, but i was grateful to have at least one friend. :)

    also, i'm always confused by this - is your husband from france?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! You'll be so glad you've recorded those funny things the kids say. And yes, we will be coming to Bear Lake week!!! We are more than excited, it will be SO much fun to see you and your boys!

    ReplyDelete