Wednesday, March 23, 2011

While the Cat's Away...(in Moab)

...the mice will play! Yes, that is a Wendy's bag on his head!

He jumped right in!

My little monkey

And while these guys were having tons of fun I was running my first race: the Canyonlands Five Mile Race. I ran the whole way and finished in just under an hour. I have asthma so I don't think that I will ever get much faster, but I do think that I can go longer. I was training for the half marathon, but got injured while training, so I still have that unfinished goal to achieve one day.

Jane, Megan, me,Melissa, Becky and Jennifer. Jennifer also got injured while training so she ran the five miles too. The rest of these awesome girls finished the half.

After the race we headed off to a beautiful hike called Island in the Sky.

Me and Jane, our sister-in-law Becky and her sisters: Melissa and Jennifer

We had such a fun girls weekend. It was great to spend time with these amazing women!

5 comments:

  1. I love the pict of you and Jane-hooray for sisters. Good WORK on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree: hooray for sisters! let the mice play, while the cat is away because the cat is probably having more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Emily!! I've never run that much in my life! you are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha!! Fun to know what was really going on with your little guy; I LOVE the bag on his head! So fun to spend the weekend with you. :)

    ReplyDelete