Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas

Wow! Our Christmas Season was so busy! First, we spent a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas on Greer Lane with the Claytons. We tried to make sure that Henri wasn't that spoiled, but that didn't work out. Surprisingly, though, Charles came out with the most presents in our family.

Not a present for Henri, but he sure would have loved it! Our neighbor used our house as a hiding place for this teddy bear.
Henri getting to know Santa. This one is a family treasure carved by my Grandpa Gipper.
Don't worry, Henri did get some fun presents. This is his favorite:
Doing what he does best: crawling in and around small spaces.


Watching Osie open her presents is one of the highlights of family get-togethers: she is very enthusiastic!
On the day after Christmas we headed up to beautiful Northern Idaho for a ski trip with the Hopes. Here is Henri hanging out at Tamarack ski resort.
Ready to ski... maybe next time

Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Hope we got two awesome days of skiing in!
Of course we played lots of games
And while we were there it snowed...
and snowed...
and snowed...Really, it snowed a lot! Here is Daniel's car after a week.
Charles found this huge icicle...
then left it so that everyone knew that we were there.
We topped off the vacation with an awesome New Year's Eve party!
We are so grateful for our families and the blessings that we enjoy so much. We are thankful for our Savior: the reason that we celebrate this Christmas Season!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I feel really cold after reading this. I'm in Texas where it is currently 40 degrees and I feel like an eskimo.
    p.s. I think I find out what I'm having on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure know how to have fun! Whether in the snow or on the beach. I even wish I were there in the snow-and that's saying something. Okay, maybe it's just because Henri is too cute for his own good, but can you blame me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pictures are great! So fun! I agree that Osie is the most fun present opener! Tell Charles his ice-cycle was really cool! Love you!

    ReplyDelete