Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Over... kinda


We are graduated! Well, I have officially been done for over a semester, and unofficially been done for almost a year, but it was still fun to walk. Charles, on the other hand, was having a hard time enjoying the graduation experience since he had signed up for his grad school classes just a few days before walking (and, as of now is already four days into another class.) But, we both did it! I now have a BA in English and Charles has a BS in Civil Engineering.

I walked with Charles in the School of Engineering Convocation. It was really fun to be able to do that with him. I have never really had much interest in Graduation (I am sure that is thanks to my big brothers,) but Charles encouraged me and I am so grateful that he did. He went first and the announcer read his name. Then I went and it was announced, "and walking with her husband, Emily Hope, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in English." I really quite liked that part. It was also amusing that it was announced that I had a Bachelor of Science in English. (It wasn't the announcer's fault, that was what was on my card.)

I know it is kind of silly, but we got Henri a little cap and gown to wear. I have found that my desire to be cool is totally gone when it comes into competition with getting cute pictures of Henri.



So, now we are back in Houston for another of Charles' internships. We will be here for four months, and then... yep- back to Provo for more school! Charles will finish his masters degree in Civil Engineering April 2011. He said, "We can dress Henri up again for next year. Oh wait... he will have grown out of his outfit by then!" I suggested maybe a little brother or sister of Henri's could wear it next year. I thought it was a funny joke, but Charles didn't even laugh!

9 comments:

  1. I ADORED the cap-and-gown babies at my graduation. Too cute to pass up. Congratulations on graduating, that's very exciting! We were down here when Kenny technically finished classes (well, his student teaching) so he never got to walk- but he attended my graduation so we feel confident he knows what he was missing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys! That is so exciting. I loved being able to walk with Josh last year. I thought it was really fun. I love all of the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh Henry looks so stinkin cute! Congrats you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way about graduation as you did. But I was able to walk with Matt. . .it is pretty neat - a once in a lifetime experience, and so fun with your hubby. Congrats to both of you. And little Henri is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love the pics. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Henri does look adorable in that cap and gown. Congratulations all of you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! This is Annakaisa Thomas. My husband George and I were neighbors in Idaho with the Hope family. We visited your reception in Idaho, when you got married. I'm the girl from Finland (just in case Charles has ever mentioned us.)
    Anyways.. to the point. I found your blog in Facebook and have been reading it a while now. I love looking at pictures of little Henri. He is so cute! Just wanted Congratulate you both on graduating! What a wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, LOVE the cowboy boots. so stinkin' cute! Second, congrats. I don't think it is silly at all that Henri had a cute cap and gown. I would have done one for Claire if we went to Seth's graudation.

    How random is that that both Henri and Jake were the exact same size! Pretty ironic. Can't wait to see you in August. Hope y'all have a great summer in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was one of my favorite posts ever of all times. I even showed Michelle. The joke on the end is still making me laugh. ROck it out in Huston, and don't forget to try for the apartment right below me!

    ReplyDelete