Our sweet little Henri Charles is finally here and we are so grateful and blessed. Here is the story:
We were scheduled to be induced, so our ride to the hospital last night was quiet and peaceful.
9 pm: We were settled and I had recieved cervidil (a medicine to help get me ready for labor)
We both got several hours of sleep until...
4 am: some pretty intense contractions started.
5 am: I got the epidural. This was a hard process for me and what was supposed to take around 2 minutes took 3/4 of an hour! Charles wasn't allowed in the room, but I had a great nurse who held my hand all the way through it. By the time the epidural was all finished the doctor, the nurse and I were all drenched in sweat in our 60 degree delivery room! It was worth it though because after that I felt great!
Two hour nap.
just before 7 am: Got started on pitosin (a medicine to get labor going.) 7 am: my wonderful doctor, Dr. Hulme (also Charles' 2 cousin once removed by marriage... is that right Sherri?) came in to check on me. I was 3-4 centimeters dialated.
Another 2 hour nap.
9 am: 7 centimeters dialated.
catnap
9:30 am: fully dialated and Dr. Hulme called.
9:55 am: Dr. Hulme arrives
9: 58 am and a contraction and a half later: our sweet little Henri Charles was here! He was born at exactly 10 in the morning.
Henri weighs 8 pounds 8 ounces and is 20.5 inches long. While they were cleaning him up I could see a little chub on him! Because he was a pretty big baby and he came so fast I have been pretty uncomfortable since the epidural wore off, but now (about 12 hours later) I am feeling much better. Here are some pictures of our sweet boy.
Henri weighs 8 pounds 8 ounces and is 20.5 inches long. While they were cleaning him up I could see a little chub on him! Because he was a pretty big baby and he came so fast I have been pretty uncomfortable since the epidural wore off, but now (about 12 hours later) I am feeling much better. Here are some pictures of our sweet boy.
First family photo:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He's so handsome!
ReplyDeleteOOOOOOOO! He is precious! Hurray and congrats! Can't wait to meet him
ReplyDeleteemily, i'm so glad everything went so well! what a beautiful baby boy he is. i'm so excited for all of you!
ReplyDeleteEmily, he is so handsome! Sounds like things went pretty smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet him in January!
Em,
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute. Congratulations!!
congrats! you're going to love being a mom!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness he looks so perfect! I am so happy for you. I'll be honest I got a little teary eyed looking at your pictures. Kids are such a blessing. You are so lucky to have a healthy little boy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Em!
ReplyDeletecongrats! is your husband french? that's the french spelling!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I didn't even know you were expecting. I hope everything continues to go well. I am also excited to see you have a blog!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Emily! He is adorable. It's fun to see how small these sweet babies are. I'm glad all went well.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Y'all are a beautiful family!! Can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Cousin! I am so thrilled and can't wait to meet him. You were right, he was a pretty big boy and I love his chubby cheeks! I want to see a picture of his hair though!
ReplyDeleteI am still confused why Charles couldn't be in the room during the epidural?!
p.s. it's stine, I am using Seth's account right now.
Congratulations! He is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you! You both look terrific. Just another month for me, and I'll be joining you in new motherhood!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!We are so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteFELICITATIONS! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet Henri(love the French spelling)in person. He is beautiful. We're proud of you Emily for an amazing delivery.
ReplyDeletecongratulations! emily, he's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHooray! So excited to come and hold little Henri! I will be the favorite aunt because Charles can't take that position with his own son!! Shersti wants to know if you had someone do your hair right before you took the pictures? Jill was also emphatic about his cuteness! We love you both!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Emily! Glad all went well! We can't wait to meet the handsome little guy? Will you be in Utah over Christmas? Enjoy this time...it goes to fast! Love, Cousin Lori
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! I am so happy for all of you!! Thank you for sharing the lovely photos! lots of love, Shari
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable and handsome. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSam was looking at the pictures with me and said, "Oh, what a cute baby!" He is so beautiful, we can't wait to meet him!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so glad things went so smoothly for you especially since little Henri made you wait so long in the first place. That's crazy how fast he popped out :). Good luck healing and adjusting to parenthood. You and Charles will be great parents and I can't wait to meet Henri. Thanks again for letting us come up and see you guys!
ReplyDeletenous aimos votre bebe deja. We are happy for you guys, and happy to hear that everything went well.
ReplyDeleteroxana, seth and ely
Congrats! :) He's so cute! Sounds like everything went pretty well! I'm so happy for you and you're cute little family! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He's such a cute boy :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Congrats guys! Little Henri is so cute, I can't wait for you guys to come back! And Emily, you look GOOD in those pics for having just given birth! Way to go! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Hope Family!!! It is so good to hear that everyone is healthy and doing well! We can't wait to catch up with you guys sometime and especially hold that handsome baby boy! P.S. We love the name Henri! Take care.
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteThe Broadwater's are so happy to hear that Henri has arrived. Way to go Emily. Welcome to motherhood and enjoy Grandma Grace while she is there. We are excied to see you and the family in December. Love you.
ReplyDeleteCherie