Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween


This Halloween Charles and I didn't do much. If it weren't for some good friends we might have not done anything very Halloween-y at all. That night we went to our friends Jenn and Kenny Kunz's home to play games (one of our favorite past times since we have been here.) The treats above were my contribution to the holiday. Charles painted the faces on them (I especially like the blob.) I think they turned out pretty cute, but it is hard to compare to Bakerella!

Friday night we were also saved by some friends from being Halloween Scrooges. Matt and Aimee Jones (some of you may know Matt... he is a year younger than I am and grew up in my home stake in the 5th ward. He also went to Hillcrest until his senior year. Going along with this side note: his dad was just released as bishop in our Texas ward and I have to say that he, and the rest of the ward have taken very good care of us!) I am going to start the sentence over: Matt and Aimee invited us over to carve pumpkins.

I was shocked that the pumpkin in the next picture really was smaller than my stomach!



Matt and Charles (who looks quite Texas-y in his borrowed sweatshirt.)



Aimee and me with our finished products



I did a regular jack-o-lantern because it is tradition and I usually follow tradition. I would like to especially highlight Charles' pumpkin: on the far left (your far left) there is a Texas flag, in the middle a ghost, and on the right a pregnant ghost (which is why he was pointing to that and my big tummy.)

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. We had a great time with yall! You are such a cute little pregnant person :)

    and I love Charles' hoodie, he must have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you follow tradition. Hang in there! You can make it these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I just found your blog on facebook! I didn't know that you were pregnant! And now, you're almost not pregnant! :) Congrats and good luck! If you want, you can check out my blog too.... www.turnermelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Emi for posting again. We are HOPING for a baby soon! Wish you had been #100!

    ReplyDelete